BETTER PAY. BETTER OPPORTUNITY.
Take your first step to finding work:
WE ARE HERE FOR YOU
Better Work Columbus is a group of Columbus, GA & Phenix City, AL–based organizations and businesses that believe our community is better when everyone has access to the dignity that comes from work.
We collaborate with dozens of local resources to provide training, support services, and connections to help you find meaningful work.
How can Better Work help you succeed?
Local Services To Help Get You On Your Feet
Help with childcare, transportation, food, or other services.
FEATURED JOB FAIRS
Location: Troy University, 1510 Whitewater Ave, Phenix City, AL 36867
Details: Full and part-time positions available. More than 25 employers will be on site including Hostess, West Fraser, AlaTrade, Golden State Foods, Groome Transportation, RAM Hotels, Buffalo Rock, Waffle House, AccordCare, Providence Staffing, Growing Room, Alabama Department of Corrections, Army National Guard, and others. Click here for more details.
View job openings at https://www.weilerforestry.com/careers/job-postings/
Resource MFG Interviews
Location: Columbus Career Center. 2601 Cross Country Drive, Building B
Details: Hiring Pickers/Packers, Unloaders, Forklift, Material Handler, Machine Operator Assistant, Maintenance Mechanic, Machine Operator, and Warehouse Laborer. Expect 1st and 2nd shift work, part-time and full-time opportunities. Call 706-256 1837 to learn more
Spherion Staffing Event
Location: Columbus Career Center. 2601 Cross Country Drive, Building B
Details: Hiring Assembly Helpers. Must be able to lift 50 lbs, use hand tools, follow company procedures and directions and must have good eyesight to identify depth, dimension and color. Must also be a team player. Expect an on the spot interview with a drug screen and background check. You will need to complete your application and submit your resume electronically. Call 706-256-1837 to learn more.
Contact JaQuetta Canady at (334) 759-4884 to learn more.
No Health Questions, No Pre-Existing Limits. Dedicated to building a higher standard of health for every community-reducing barriers to coverage and ensuring no one is excluded from having access to quality health insurance. Call (844) 527-6771 to learn more.
Date: Tuesdays & Fridays
Time: 9:00AM – 3:00PM
Location: Columbus Career Center
Address: 2601 Cross Country Drive, Columbus, GA 31906, Building B
Additional Info: Hiring Pickers/Packers, Unloaders, Forklift, Material Handler, Machine Operator Assistant, Maintenance Mechanic, Machine Operator, and Warehouse Laborer. Expect 1st and 2nd shift work, part-time and full-time opportunities. Call 706-256 1837 to learn more.
TSYS is looking for candidates
Link Daily to Jobs and Resources – New resources for employment and other needs are posted and shared on the Facebook Better Work Columbus page. Check it regularly for new opportunities and up to date information.
Get Your GED at Goodwill – Classes are available at no cost to you!
A GED will open up greater job opportunities. GED graduates, on average, make $9,000 a year more than non-graduates. Begin your registration process today at the Midtown Career Center 9:30 am or 2:30 pm. You will complete both an orientation and registration. Classes are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9am-1pm or 2-6pm OR on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-1pm. Call 706-256-1837 for more information.
Transportation Available for Interviews and Work
Learn more and apply at: https://aramark.dejobs.org/columbus-ga/food-service-supervisor/47BC7C502CED4B929999100AE35391CA/job/
Learn more and apply at: https://careers.georgia.gov/jobs/cna-direct-support-professional-27556
Learn more and apply at: https://careers.homedepot.com/job/6947521/
The right candidate for this position must be able to provide great customer service; help customers see better by helping them choose the perfect set of glasses; answer customer questions; assist customers with special orders; maintain and secure inventory; assist and check out customers with glasses and contacts.
Must provide verifiable work experience using a ride-on Floor Scrubber, stripping, waxing and buffing floors; carpet extraction; at least 1 year of cleaning, janitorial or housekeeping experience. Candidates must be able to work independently without direct supervision. High School diploma is required.
Learn more and apply at: https://www.joblinkapply.com/Joblink/5972/Job/Index/590540/floor-tech
● Blue Buffalo is hiring a Part Time Retail Sales Associate to act as our in-store brand ambassador
● Opportunity to work with animals
● $13/hour pay
● Benefits include: 401K, paid training, flexible schedule, and pet food reimbursement
● Apply here: PT Retail Sales Associate
● If you are interested in working for General Mills and want to receive information from them ● when other jobs open up in Columbus, click this link: https://www.employedusa.com/Landing/?TemplateId=32&Company=General%20Mills&CompanyId=21
● Both Parks & Recreation and METRA are looking for an Administrative Secretary
● The Parks & Rec position will maintain department files and records; prepare reports; develop programs; coordinate, plan, and schedule special events; perform data entry duties; answer the office telephone; perform other duties as needed
● The METRA position will manage correspondence, update records, assist Transit Specialists with transit planning activities, and record/update inventory along with other duties
● Learn more and apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/columbusga/jobs/3643693/administrative-secretary-park-services-g10?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
● High school diploma or GED required
● BLS certification required
● Provide care to patients from birth through the lifecycle, demonstrating competency with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to the clinical setting and hospital policy
● Search for Patient Care Tech in Columbus – https://piedmontcareers.org/search
● You must have the Lyft App downloaded on your phone and have completed a Better Work job application to receive a code
● Codes are good for 30 days and can only be used in GA
● Each code will cover up to $25 for each way, with a max of $50 for the round trip
● Be sure to submit your request at least 48 hours before an interview – we cannot guarantee last minute requests
● Click the link to Submit your Lyft Ride Request https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdt0bkq-NMx90HmQyP5ZKMJqg2WeKNIdn7eQxNwm8ThI9qsOA/viewform
● Benefits include: medical, dental, vision; 401K, paid holidays and school breaks.
● Currently hiring in GA and AL
● Hiring For: Early Head Start and Head Start Teachers, Center Family Support Manager, Assistant Center Manager, Education Specialist, Assistant, Custodian, Cook Bus Driver, and much more
● Visit https://enrichmentservices.org/careers/ to search for jobs and apply
About: AFB develops, manufactures, and sells palatant ingredients to pet food companies worldwide. Palatants are ingredients that make pet foods, treats, and supplements taste great, ensuring pets enjoy their feeding occasions and get the vital nutrients they need. AFB’s new facility in Columbus will be located at the Muscogee Technology Park
Hiring For: Management, engineering, operations, and administrative support positions
Additional Info: Operations are expected to begin in 2024, but you can apply now to let them know you are interested. https://afbinternational.com/careers/
Address: 1830 Shepherd Drive, Columbus, GA 31906
● These classes are for adults (17+) who want to work on reading, writing, math, and pre-GED prep
● Classes are from 9:00AM – 12:00PM
● Call 706-575-1449 to learn more
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training & Certification Program
Address: 2601 Cross Country Drive, Columbus, GA 31906
Additional Info: CPR training teaches individuals and emergency medical rescuers how to recognize and provide immediate action when a person suffers sudden cardiac arrest. Individuals who complete the training receive certification from the American Red Cross. 1 Day | 5 Hours | 2 Year Certification. Call 762-208-4381to learn more.
● Address: 2601 Cross Country Dr, Bldg B
● Earn an industry-recognized credential and license in the state of Georgia as a CNA.Students receive 30 days of hands-on training that equips them with essential patient care skills. A nursing instructor provides assistance in developing individuals and providing them with the skills they need to pass the certification exams. Studentsare also assigned a 24-hour clinical rotation at a local health provider partner.Call (762) 208-4381for more information.
No problem! One of our volunteer employment mentors can help you figure out what you need to make the next best step.
FIND AN EMPLOYMENT MENTOR
GET THE TRAINING YOU NEED
Get help finding the right job or expand your skills to move into a new career.
Learn about Jobs for Life classes here.
You Can Help By Mentoring
Our mentors get trained to help assist local residents with resume creation, job search, interview preparation, and encourage them in their search efforts.